Wednesday, May 1, 2013

It Began With War

My name is Adam Gonzales, and this blog is dedicated to keeping updates on a book series that I am writing. The World of Festral is historically vague, even to its own inhabitants, but it is clear that the origins of Festral are based in war. The two-book series follows a small group of Called people who have left their homes behind in order to create a sanctuary in a segregated world.

Festral is made up of six Dominances that form the miniscule world. Humans, Elves, and Dwarves make up the senitent races of Festral and live mainly in stone cities, caves, and trees respectively. The story of Festral Dominions begins long after the world's war which ended with the Elves being banished to the dark caves of Oglandador. Elves have been entirely forgotten on the surface, and great lengths of time have passed with little conflict between the Dwarves and Humans. Vlendessa, Goddess of festral, has Called four of her children to aid in uniting all the races together. Now, with the support of two Humans, a Dwarf, and an Elf, Vlendessa prepares for the constuction of a grand city meant to coalesce the peoples of Festral and thwart the emergence of a Great Evile. The book follows these four Called people as they strive to protect Festral from The Spread, a dark an frightening sickness that plagues the minds of all it touches. Estra, Kallick, Herder, and Yyvellian are tested as they watch their peaceful world rip to shreds before their very eyes, eager to stop it in any way they can.

I will do my best to post updates whenever I can in order to let people slowly immerse themselves into the world of Festral as I, myself, do as well. I am working on four other book series simaltaneously and don't expect to post much, other than snippits or small informative posts, but will do my best to keep on track! If you'd like, you can visit the blogs of three of my other book series, also. The Tarterrior Series, The Magnifier, and The Boundless, are all great works that will also be getting more posts in due time. Although The Tarterrior Series is my pride and joy, and although I have had loads of fun creating Festral, my current priority lies with The Magnifier series, in the world of Banavar. But keep checking back just in case! You never know when something might pop up!

No comments:

Post a Comment